Friday, October 11, 2013

Thinking too much?

She walked towards the shore of the lake. She decided to sit down and meditate. Breathe, she thought to herself. A lot of questions were on her mind,  ranging from the most serious existential questions to everyday matters. “Am I doing the right thing? Should I move into something else? Will there be chicken for dinner?” People have told her that she thinks too much.

Well, how can you not think when there is so much to solve, so much to analyse and so much to decide on? Some say that women think “too much”. She’d disagree. What is ‘too much?’ Who decided on the adequate thresholds for thinking about something? Is it determined by men who don’t think at all?

Maybe women are intrinsically wired to effect social change by thinking of problems, passionately, with such fervor that they can offer interesting solutions. Maybe it means that our processing capacity is higher?’

The only problem is that we don’t spend that thinking power on good things. We think about “Am I fat?” “Can I fart now, is the coast clear?” or “What do they think of me?”


We need to realize that none of these thinking processes matter. We spend all our energies on negative things or immersing ourselves in negative memories.  It’s the time to be positive, full of life and think of ways to make your life better. Go ahead and do it.

So much for trying to meditate.

2 comments:

Nupur said...

Indeed, thinking too much.

For example, What will I do at home alone now, should I go out and eat? Should I just sleep, Should I call a friend, should I feed on self-pity.. lalala

Unknown said...

There s constructive thinking and there s destructive thinking. Too much of the former is ok- results in good blog post like this one. :) Too much of the latter is unhealthy. You know it's too much when it destroys your happiness and inner peace. You stop right then and focus on positive things.

You are what you think !