Thursday, December 5, 2013

A.R. Rahman



The man is a genius. A lot of people speak about how his music is amazing, how he's successful, has a world-wide reach etc.

I want to give a more deeper, soulful response. I want to thank Rahman. I grew up with his music - from Roja, Gentleman, Kadhalan, Kadhal Desam, Alaipayuthe, Kandukondain Kandukondain - I don't know, I've lost count. The impact that his music has on my life is beyond measure. I've listened to his songs preparing for my exams, being at school, law school, vacations etc. I've listened to his music especially during difficult times, helping me tide over them. I can actually listen to every one of his songs and have distinct images of my life imprinted on them.

The music. Sigh. It's different and yet, it never fails to touch you.





I'm sure all of his music comes from a deep, spiritual presence. According to me, his contribution to mankind is phenomenal. Every single time someone listens to his music, they will achieve a higher state of consciousness. This kind of music makes the world better. It transcends whatever differences we might have. It transcends our ego. I'm grateful to have experienced it throughout my life, something that has moved me, helped me be a better and happier person.

I can't thank him enough for this.



No comments: